Foundations Solid Strip Bamboo Flooring: Prefinished
The Foundations line of tongue & groove bamboo flooring combines durability, style, and affordability with high environmental standards. Foundations flooring is manufactured in a state-of-the-art factory by craftspeople who take pride in the quality of their work. Low-emitting binders are used in laminating the bamboo strips, and a low-VOC finish coating is applied. Foundations Bamboo flooring will provide you with years of satisfaction.
- Moso bamboo (Phyllostachys pubescens) is the hardest, highest quality commercial bamboo species, and is not a food source for pandas.
- Only 5-6 year old stalks are harvested for maximum strength and dimensional stability.
- Curing process is monitored to ensure consistent moisture content.
- Boards are precision milled with German manufacturing equipment.
- Twice as hard as Red Oak
Solid strip bamboo flooring takes long narrow strips of bamboo and laminates them together. Choose between horizontal grain--wider strips that display the knuckles of the bamboo, or vertical grain--narrower strips for a tighter look. Both horizontal and vertical grains are available in Carbonized (heat-treated for a warm amber color) and Natural (bathed in non-toxic peroxide for a blond color).
Solid strip flooring comes in elegant 6' planks and an oversized 3 4/5" width. They are precision milled with a tongue and groove on all four sides, and a modern micro-bevel. Each board is then coated with a sealer coat on all exposed surfaced (for improved moisture protection) and 7-layers of water based, UV cured, aluminum oxide modified polyurethane.
Foundations Bamboo flooring is suitable for residential or commercial applications. It can contribute LEED points to your project in the areas of Materials & Resources (rapidly renewable resource), and Indoor Environmental Quality (a low-emitting product).
- Rapidly renewable resource
- NAUF binder
- Water-based coating
- We recommend vacuuming or sweeping in order to remove dirt and grit prior to cleaning the floor.
- Never use wax, oil, soap, scouring products, or other household cleaners on your floor.
- Damp mop (not wet mop!) with clean water, or with a wood floor cleaner.
- Wipe dry immediately until no moisture is visible on the floor. We recommend the eCloth Mop Set for superior cleaning with water only.
Installation: Nail, Staple, or Glue-down.
Call Green Depot to inquire.
- Plank dimensions: 75 3/5" x 3 4/5 x 9/16"
- Construction: 4-side tongue & groove with precision micro-bevel
- Binder: No Added Urea Formaldehyde
- Colors available: Carbon (amber), Natural (blond)
- Finish: 7-layer German polyurethane
- Box size: 12 boards/box (23.8 sf)
- Installation: Nail, Staple, or Glue-down
- Warrantee: Lifetime Structural Warrantee
- Accessories available: stair treads, stair nose, quarter round, end cap, T-mold, reducer, baseboard.
- 25-year Residential Finish Warrantee
- 5-year Commercial Finish Warrantee
- Lifetime Structural Warrantee