Properly maintained, this finish can last indefinitely. The OSMO Opti-Set maintenance kit is recommended for cleaning and maintaining your floor. Here are some helpful suggestions on cleaning the floor:
- Clean the floor as needed
- Vacuum, sweep or dust regularly. Dust the floor using the Opti-Set with the green Dust-Mop attachment.
- Damp mop as needed using Wash and Care and the Opti-Set with the Micro-mop plush (white fluffy pad) attachment.
When it comes time to refresh and/or repair Polyx Oil, use these tips:
- Repairing high traffic areas: Apply a small amount of OSMO Liquid Wax Cleaner to the Active fiber cloth (green pad) and rub the cleaner onto the surface. Allow to dry for 30 to 60 minutes then Buff with a cotton cloth.
- Repairing superficial scratches stains or ground-in dirt: Use white abrasive pad or 000 steel wool to rub a small amount of liquid wax cleaner into the affected area. Wipe up any excess immediately with a cotton cloth.
- Repairing deep scratches or stains: Lightly sand the affected area with abrasive pad or, if necessary, 120 grit sand paper. For best results, mask off the affected flooring boards and sand to the edges of the boards. Sand until damage is removed. Then reapply two coats of Polyx-oil as described above (a white abrasive pad can be used to work in finish in smaller repair areas).
Please see installation instruction sheet.