Foundations Strand Bamboo Flooring
The Foundations line of tongue & groove bamboo flooring combines durability, style, and affordability with high environmental standards. Foundations flooring is manufactured in a state-of-the-art factory by craftspeople who take pride in the quality of their work. Low-emitting binders are used in laminating the bamboo strips, and a low-VOC finish coating is applied; available unfinished. Foundations Bamboo flooring will provide you with years of satisfaction.
- Moso bamboo (Phyllostachys pubescens) is the hardest, highest quality commercial bamboo species, and is not a food source for pandas.
- Only 5-6 year old stalks are harvested for maximum strength and dimensional stability.
- Curing process is monitored to ensure consistent moisture content.
- Boards are precision milled with German manufacturing equipment.
- Twice as hard as Red Oak, and more dent-resistant than solid strip bamboo.
These boards come in elegant 6' planks and an over-sized 3 3/4" width. They are precision milled with a tongue and groove on all four sides, and a modern micro-bevel. Available in Carbonized (heat-treated for a warm amber color), Natural (bathed in non-toxic peroxide for a blond color) and Tiger (a mix of the two). Two available stained options include Chestnut and Ebony. Each board is then coated with a sealer coat on all exposed surfaced (for improved moisture protection) and 7-layers of water based, UV cured, Aluminum Oxide modified polyurethane (some colors are available unfinished).
Foundations Bamboo flooring is suitable for residential or commercial applications. It can contribute LEED points to your project in the areas of Materials & Resources (rapidly renewable resource), and Indoor Environmental Quality (a low-emitting product).
Product Brochure »
- Bamboo is a rapidly renewable resource
- No-added Formaldehyde binding
- Low emitting, water-based coating
- Contributes to LEED points
We recommend vacuuming or sweeping in order to remove dirt and grit prior to cleaning the floor.Never use wax, oil, soap, scouring products, or other household cleaners on your floor. Damp mop (not wet mop!) with clean water, or with a wood floor cleaner. Wipe dry immediately until no moisture is visible on the floor. We recommend the eCloth Mop Set for superior cleaning with water only.
Nail staple or glue down installation.
Installation Guide »
Dimensions: 72 4/5" x 3 4/5 x 9/16"
Edge (prefinished): 4-side tongue & groove with precision micro-bevel
Edge (unfinished): 4-side tongue & groove with square edge
Colors (prefinished): Natural, Carbonized, Tiger, Ebony & Chestnut
Colors (unfinished): Natural & Carbonized
Binder: No Added Urea Formaldehyde
Finish: 7-layer German polyurethane
Box size: 12 boards/box (22.93 sf) - 71 lbs/box
Accessories available: stair treads, stair nose, quarter round, end cap, T-mold, reducer, baseboard. Call Green Depot to inquire.
Warranty Info »
- 25-year Residential Finish Warranty
- 5-year Commercial Finish Warranty
- Lifetime Structural Warranty